Monday, July 27, 2009

Lovin' Chicagoland.

We've been wondering when we'll come to realize we haven't relocated ourselves to Utopian Perfection, U.S.A. I suspect it will happen when winter hits and the wind chill is well into the negative double digits. Sigh. Maybe I'll love it since I'm always too hot anyway.
We drove into the city Saturday to visit the Shedd Aquarium. We bought the annual family pass (See? We're bracing for brutal winter. Bring it on!) and spent hours looking at the aquatic creatures. Pictures were tricky since flash was against the rules...


Perplexed by the stingray suctioned on the glass:

Is that a LEASH?? Am I a mother who puts my child on a leash? Like a dog? Why, yes, I am. Have you met my third born??

Fascinated by the dolphins:


Fuzzy pic of mamma beluga and baby:

Playing penguins:

Some of the jellies:

Enjoying the dolphin show:

2 comments:

Colleen said...

We SAVORED our trips to the city when we lived in the northwest suburbs of Chicago. Yes, the winters definitely were brutal ... and L O N G, but Chicago is a great city! We loved Navy Pier and visited the Museum of Science and Industry just about every week. Thanks for sharing the pics! (We miss you!)

Julie said...

I'm glad you are enjoying it. I do love the city of Chicago. I'm glad you are preparing yourselves for the winter.