Sunday, June 6, 2010

Dance recital

Miss S's dance recital was held recently. Amid the whirlwind of busy acitivity that inevitably characterizes every May, we had photo calls, dress rehearsals, meetings and finally the recital. I was fortunate to be asked to 'room mom' for her class which allowed me to sit with the girls at the recital, lead them backstage, sit in the front row while they performed and then hang out with them until curtain call. So, so fun.


Her particular class was one of the smallest, at only 4 dancers, but I kid you not, 4 little girls waiting for their turn to dance (Number 22 in a program of 25 routines!)? Well, let's just say it was like leading four little butterflies around. A total crack up. By dance routine number 2, they were leaning over and whispering "How many more???", and then by dance number 4, "And now how many more??", and then again after dance number 5, and you get the picture...all the way to number 22. And then when it was time to leave the auditorium to be ready backstage, you would not believe how my little group agonized over whether their lipstick had smudged away, or if their hair was still just right. They were so sweet. And so serious about the whole affair.

E and the boys had seats elsewhere. And Wonderboy had my little point and shoot camera. Something tells me he got a little bored. Dance recitals can do that to ya. Here's a sampling of his artistry:




































































2 comments:

Julie said...

Princess S looks adorable in her outfit. And as much as I love to dance the recitals make me a little bored too so I'm not above doing the same thing as Wonderboy. (Nor is Brad).

Andrea :) said...

When I showed Miss M the pictures of Princess S, she said in a whisper, "Wooooooow!"

Lucky you, being surrounded by little blue butterflies! ;) They sounds cute!

I think Wonderboy has a pretty bright future!