Sunday, October 10, 2010

Pumpkin Pickin'

This was us last year picking pumpkins and eating cider doughnuts at Honey Hill Farm:
It was CHILLY. Loads of fun, but so freezy. See how I'm not really smiling, but mostly grimacing? My face was frozen.

Yesterday we went a pumpkin pickin' again. It was 89 degrees. This Midwest weather certainly keeps things interesting.

We rode the tractor wagon out to pick pumpkins and gourds with Max - a black lab. I think he pretty much spends the day riding the wagon back and forth. There was also Beau, the Bloodhound, but dang he was fast. Too fast for me and my camera.








We played a little in the hay bale maze, checked out all the farm critters, and ate our bellies full and distended of fresh cider doughnuts.


On our way back home Eric and the kids checked out a small military air museum. I didn't much see the point in paying 8 bucks per adult to see a dozen old planes, so I waited in the car. I'm cheap like that. Besides my view from the parking lot was just fine. But the kids loved seeing the planes, and miss Fia declared it to be the best day ever. (She does that a lot)




1 comment:

Julie said...

I know what you mean about the old airplanes. Brad loves to go to Hill's Air Force base to look at all those planes. I'll humor him, but that's why I like it when my dad comes to town because he'll go with Brad and has so much more enthusiasm than I do.