Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter

With 9 a.m. church, the basket hunt began early.  Approximately 6:30 a.m.  Yay.  The ravaging of baskets  was so fast and furious, I didn't get photos.  But when the excitement subsided a bit, and Easter duds were donned, we worked on a few photos.  Bubs was particularly sweet putting on his first-ever suit.  I told him he would be so handsome, "I will look like a gentleman" he responded in a whisper with a remarkably non-mischievous smile.  Miss S's dress was her own creation, since she chose her fabric and all the particulars of the dress design.  And it just had to be accented with "high heels."  She was insistent on that.


After church, a quick ice-cube tray lunch.  Which "we love, love, love, Mom, because they're awesome".   A tray loaded with fruit, rolled turkey, and lots of veggies?   Happy to oblige. (Suckers!)  And really, this was the culinary high-point of the day, as our Easter feast meat was dry, the potatoes luke-warm, the rolls doughy, and the haricot vert tough and chewy.  
And when I ribbed the girl for her standard "photo" smile, she really pulled out all the stops and gave me her very best:
Yes, that's my sweet pea.  My delicate flower.  

1 comment:

Julie said...

A gentleman. That is so cute. All three look handsome/beautiful.