Wednesday, July 11, 2012

A Small Spruce-Up

I think this is the only 'before' of the kids' bathroom I took when we were house hunting.  This was one of only a couple rooms in the house not painted salmon pink/beige.   See that shower curtain, and the edge of wallpaper border above?  I think they let their teenagers 'go wild' in the bathroom with color.  WILD.  Because if there was one clear thing about this house and the people that lived in it, it's that they were BEIGE through and through.  Salmon walls and beige, beige, beige.  I completely wrote off this house because of the salmon walls, orange wood-work and heavy beige furniture.  Lame. Everyone knows you need to go in with a vision, but my vision was clouded by BEIGE.  I wanted to cry great, big, fat BEIGE tears walking through this house.  

So what did I do?  I painted the bathroom beige.  

But it does a nice job of softening the grey cabinets, and showcasing the beautiful crown and base molding E added, as well as the grey trim he framed out the mirror with.  Makes a world of difference in my opinion, and I can almost ignore the ugly ceramic tile because my attention is drawn to the the trim work.
Management sign from one of my favorite Etsy artists, John Golden.  Maybe my favorite thing in the room next to the new trim work. 


 Ugly Shower?  No, cute polka-dot curtain.  


I love that I don't want to nail the door shut and pretend this bathroom doesn't exist anymore.  The kids don't love that I expect them to stop brushing their teeth like primates spitting toothpaste on the fixtures, mirror, walls.  

1 comment:

Julie said...

It looks awesome. And my whole house is beige!! We painted our bedroom a light blue we didn't like so we painted it the same color as the rest of the house... beige. It is also because Brad and I don't like the same colors, so we have to agree with beige.