Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Navy Seal

So E signed up this spring for a navy seal challenge with some friends and neighbors who wanted to use the challenge as a motivator for improved fitness and health.  E signed on.  E doesn't know how to swim.  So that's a 1.5 mile run, maximum times sit-ups, push-ups and pull-ups.  And a 500 meter swim in 16 minutes.  Did I mention he doesn't swim?  I don't swim.  I didn't sign up.

He buckled down and implemented a work-out plan, sought out swim lessons, and hit the pool daily for laps at work.  He ate bags and bags of spinach, kale, and Oh! the tuna.  I think our house will never smell the same after all the boiled eggs and tuna.

He dropped 31 lbs.  I'm super proud of him.

 

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow Eric! That is super impressive, you look fabulous! Your hair turned darker too!

Julie said...

That is awesome! Way to go E! You really should learn how to swim ;)