Thursday, December 13, 2012

It's done.


I'm holed up on day of 5 of the flu from hell and since I'm probably going to die, I want to make it known that The Quilt is done.  The quilt that was never going to be done, is done.

I fell for this quilt pattern hard and pieced it about 7-ish years ago.  So long ago I can't really remember, but I know it was before Bubs hit the scene.  Originally pieced with a bold floral on a black background for the border which is now gingham check, I put up my quilt frame and quilted about 1/3 of the way when I discovered that the black floral border was fading to a sickly pink from sunlight.  It was awful.  I think I wept bitterly, but I'm not really sure.  It sat on the frames untouched because I wasn't sure how to remedy the problem, or rather, I knew very well the remedy but couldn't bring myself to undo all that work.  And then we moved so I ripped it off the frames and wadded it up on a shelf.
This year I decided it was going to be fixed or stuffed in the trash.  I unpicked all that hand-quilting (painful!) and removed and replaced the border.  And started OVER.

If I wasn't dying, I would be doing a triumphant jiggety jig.  


No comments: