Friday, March 21, 2008

We all love the UPS man


Especially the gang, because he brought them early Easter goods courtesy of Grandma and Grandpa J. It's pretty funny actually. All three of them are poised for attack when they see the UPS man approaching our door, because they're just certain it's going to be one of g-ma and g-pa's famous packages o' loot. They're usually disappointed given the amount of shopping I do online these days, but they always swarm around squealing "Who's it for ma?", "Is it for us???", and if it is one of the much anticipated packages for them all I can do is stand back. Way back. Because they set upon that package like a pack of hungry hyenas. I'm not kidding. They can have a package flayed open in 2.5 seconds flat.
I mean, just look at the gleam in those eyes. Bubs loves any opportunity to ransack. You need ransacking? He's your guy. He's the first in the box tossing the windfall in every direction.



A little somethin' somethin' for me - which I wrenched out of his tight little fists before he could shatter the bottle and spray my fine Mexican vanilla all over the entry way.

And then a hush settled on the group while they read (devour) their new books and examined their new treasures.


2 comments:

Andy said...

I can TOTALLY relate!

Aubrey said...

Bonus points for living away from tha fam. You do realize if you lived here it would be "Hey, when are you bring the kid around so I can give them their easter things? No surprise visit, no ringing of the doorbell and running away. No surprise what-so-ever. Possible reason: all the excitement and anticipation used in putting together wonderful grandbaby packages. It's as it should be. You deserve the excitement. Hoppy Easter all!