Saturday, April 5, 2008

Old MacDonald Had a Farm..


...and the farm reopened this week, so we were soooooo there. This is what parenthood has reduced us to: two adults who count down the days to the opening of the farm in the spring with more giddy anticipation than the three munchkins we drag along with us to feed the goats. The farm lived up to our every expectation, PLUS the addition of a new demonstration. The grooming and 'tricks' of Pippi the Holstein:


Pippi is perhaps the cutest cow ever. Her tricks consist of wearing sunglasses (as demonstrated here) and touching her nose to a volunteer's hand at the command of the demo girl holding the cow treats. Yep, there's cow treats. And Pippi loves them. Pippi also loves having her neck scratched, right under her jaw. I'm pretty sure she even moo-ed 'oh ya, that's the spot' when I did just that. I just dare you to eat a steak after looking at this photo for a moment. I'm pretty sure it's not right to eat such a clever and amusing creature. And I'm left with a very strong impression that Pippi really hit the bovine jackpot with this gig.
And it took all my self-restraint not to crawl into this pen:

Oh...my...gosh. I must be ovulating or something (apologies to my 2.5 male readers) because I think that might be the sweetest little thing I've ever encountered. Naw, it is the sweetest thing I've ever seen (besides my own offspring, of course). If it wouldn't have gotten me kicked out of the farm, and brought our farm fun to an abrupt halt, I would have crawled in and scritched above the soft ears of that calf. I need to get me one of those.





2 comments:

Scullerina said...

Your kids are so cute... If you lived here I could put them in TV ads and you could add a little cash to their college funds. I guess I haven't given up on recruiting you to moving back here. I miss you guys!

I picked Kansas as the final winner in my playoff bracket....Woo Hoo. What a game!

Anonymous said...

We've been waiting for the farm to open up all Winter too. Nothing quite like it in Utah. Of course, mt little tour guides have something to do with the appeal.