Friday, June 6, 2008

Behold! The Cupcake Courier

So I don't really know what is up with the recent cupcake fad, because frankly cupcakes have been around a heckuva long time, and have been the most delightful medium of delivery for cake just as long. I mean, who doesn't love cake that can fit in the palm of your hand, and be consumed without the ceremony of ice cream and cutlery? (I don't like to talk politics, but I really must insist a good warm brownie or a warm apple turnover makes a much more suitable soulmate for ice cream. Not cake. Ice cream just drags down good cake. So there.) And because I personally believe there are few shindigs for which cupcakes could possibly not be just-the-thing, I nearly had a happy conniption and then fainted straight away in Marshalls when I discovered this blue Cupcake Courier (which I have been lusting after for months and months) for half the normal retail price. Only nearly, because if I had fainted straight away, I'm convinced someone else would have snatched the Cupcake Courier right out of my limp, lifeless hands and made a run for it. And then I would have been devastated. Devastated, I tell you. It was a day-making acquisition, and I'm not even kinda-sorta kidding.

But I had no immediate reason to transport 36 cupcakes, so to the storage room downstairs it had to go, because it's pretty much humongous, and my kitchen is pretty much not. But! Today I unearthed it to carry Coconut, Orange and White Chocolate Cupcakes. To a primary party. I wish I had a more auspicious event to which I might tote cupcakes, but there it is. A primary party is the best gig I could get for a Friday night.


I have a couple left over in the fridge. Come get one!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those look SO delicious, I could almost pay the $$$$$ to fly out there and get one! If I caught a red-eye flight, do you think I could be back before Robert of Miss M woke???

I am envious! There is nothing worse than ruining a perfect frosting job, when the cupcakes slip and slide around in a regular container. Not to mention, if the top touches the lid, which it always seems to do.

And when can we expect you to share this delicious-sounding recipe with us all?!?

Julie said...

Wow, those look delicious! The carrier is pretty awesome too!

Andy said...

I completely agree with your idea of which things ice cream is best served with.

And is that thing double decker? Great score!