Friday, February 27, 2009

Cheesy Ham Sandwich Gone Wrong


That post title really draws you in, doesn't it?
Well last night was one of those leftover buffet nights. You know, when you clean out everything in the fridge left over from the last four dinners and you all pick and choose and graze like all those satisfied senior citizens who eat dinner at 4:30 at the local Hometown Buffet? So our leftover buffet consisted of bbq brisket, chicken and rice casserole, and Carl-Malone-love-cheesy-ham-sandwiches (some of you know what I'm talking about). And if that wasn't enough E pulled out the Super Duper T-fal Family Deep Fat Fryer (remember that?) to cook a bunch of frozen fries out of the freezer, you know, just so there was a vegetable in there somewhere. As you can see, this was a real humdinger of a health-conscious meal, but I digress...

As we sat down to eat, Wonderboy picked up his cheesy ham sandwich, which was admittedly a little sloppy having just come out of the oven, and with such a look of horror and disgust flung it aside with dramatic flourish.

Wonderboy: Oh DISGUSTING, it's SLIMY!!!! Ugh! Mom, you really need to be TEACHED something very important! I. AM. NOT. A. SLIMY. MAN! I do NOT eat slimy food! Harumph! I cannot eat like this. I QUIT.

Princess S:........... Hmm. Well, that was inappropriate.

Me: (speechless)


No worries. Just an ordinary mealtime in our household.

3 comments:

Angela said...

I love how Wonderboy keeps referring to himself as a man!

Becky said...

So funny! Kids make me laugh! I think I blog more about what my 4 year old says that any other topic!

You are a great writer, by the way!

Colleen said...

Hahahahha