Tuesday, March 17, 2009

...Um...Love was in the air?

With the promise of a beautiful spring day, we decided a family trip to the zoo was in order. And our first stop was the "Australia" exhibit.


Uh, hold on, what do we have here?

Hey kids, lets take this opportunity to learn a little something about life...

We saw a drowsy tiger. He wasn't being vulgar. Too bad I left my furminator home...


These antelope-thingers were also not being vulgar. They graze about peacefully under the ever watchful gaze of a pride of lions and the cheetahs. Both of which probably spend every waking moment daydreaming about the hunt. Which won't ever happen, what with all the electric fence between them. Some zoo architect has an especially sick sense of humor.

The giraffes were well-behaved.

This guy was kind enough not to eat my lens cap after I threw it at him, in a pathetic attempt at a good photo. A vigilant giraffe caretaker retrieved it for me.
And we took a little train ride...









...and avert your eyes once again.

This gang cracked me up. Like "Hey! Look at us! Who needs lions and giraffes when there are synchronized performing turtles around??"

Baby jail?

the end.

6 comments:

Kerry said...

Janna, that's hilarious! I totally missed the "vulgar" part of the zoo, darnit! If I wasn't so exhausted today, I might consider going back sooner than later!

Julie said...

Oh that is funny. Once we went to the Philly Zoo with the whole fam (cousins and all) and the Tortoises were making whoopi. My little 5 & 6 years old cousins were intrigued by the fact that the turtles were playing leap frog, (Come on they are turtles not frogs).

Andrea :) said...

While my weekend was not as fun-filled as yours, it was not as vulgar either!
I have to agree on the sick zoo architect! What poor animals - although, come to think of it - Yosie and Rhapsody are usually separated by a glass door, and we all know what happens when that glass isn't between them!
A :/

Scullerina said...

This post cracks me up. A visit to the zoo is always memorable but this visit will go down in history as a family story you refer to for years to come.

Where in the world do I get one of those furminators? Are they pricey? I'm sick of cat hair on my bed :)

Colleen said...

Wow! We went the same day and didn't see any animals exhibiting obscene public displays. We even took photos of the kangaroos and camels, but ours are completely unadulterated. Did you pay extra?

The Lassen Family said...

That is hilarious! I think we were there the same day as well and didn't get to enjoy this kind of a show :)