Monday, March 14, 2011

Green

So we don't really do St. Patricks day, which sort of seems like an opportunity for people to lay claim to Irish heritage as an excuse for drinking themselves into a stupor, right? Right? But, for the sake of the little people I may allow for a few leprechaun shenanigans if I must. (Side note, it's that time of year when I will ever more be reminded of Wonderboy's summary last year of his lesson in church, "We learned about how Jesus healed ten leprechauns, but only one came back to say thanks")

Anyway, in the spirit of all things festive and green (and decidedly not stuporific {What? That is definitely a word.}) here's a play by play of our daily indulgence. We've gone GREEN.

For this version, we popped open a young Thai coconut:


E whacks the coconut in half using his manly muscles. And a hammer:

I scoop out the...meat? Or is it fruit?



And then here's the exciting part...we chuck in an assortment of sundry green leaves. You like kale? Spinach? Beet greens, mustard greens, arugula, chicory, parsley? Add it baby!
Then we add some fruit. This time it's a banana and some pineapple.

And then my charming assistant wearing the dead muppet fires up the blender:

Oh yeah.








I dare someone to try to pinch us.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

what kind of blender is that? My blender would NEVER have made it with all of those ingredients. Your kids are super adorable.

Colleen said...

I LOVE green smoothies; so packed with fiber and nutrition.