Sunday, March 13, 2011

Projects

Yawn. I'm so boring lately. But I have been a busy girl. I actually survived planning and pulling off the Blue and Gold cub scout shin dig for about 70-ish people. Just think of someone who's a big-time supporter of Boy Scouts, all about the badges, the salutes, and all that ... boy stuff. And that would be the opposite of me. And don't even get me started on how malnourished I look in beige.

But then I've had a few fun projects. First a baby quilt for Miss Julie's baby on the way:



I do enjoy choosing and ordering fabric. There's so much amazing fabric available and then with the quilt all done, I'm left with lots of cheerful looking remnants folded on my supply shelf. But I've got to figure out how to make my walking foot feed the fabric a little more evenly. Since that's the whole point of a walking foot. Grrr.

And then a dress for the girl:





LOVE this fabric. I just used it for the skirt since I felt it was too busy for the bodice, but it's one of the prettiest bird prints I've seen - looks like hand painted fabric. The girl likes it too, which is helpful since if she didn't, she wouldn't wear it.

7 comments:

Colleen said...

She is BEAUTIFUL and so is her new dress. You are such a talented mama!

Colleen said...

p.s. I love the matching hair accessory.

Michelle said...

Love love love your sewing projects! I still have the pillow you quilted for us all those years ago. Are you cubmaster? I am too!! I just got done with my blue and gold banquet as well.

Andrea :) said...

You have the knack -- I love the quilt! It was certainly a hit at the shower. I hear you might be getting a few requests now. You better start setting your price! ;)
Love the dress! It's beautiful.

Unknown said...

Love the fabric!

Julie said...

AND I LOVE THE QUILT. I have shown to everyone and I mean EVERYONE. I have pictures on my phone just in case I don't have the quilt handy so I can show people. And the dress, lovely as usual for a very lovely girl.

Scullerina said...

You've got some serious sewing skills. Ms. Fowler (home ec teacher) would be so proud.
Seriously -- the quilt is AMAZING as is the cute dress and then to sew a skirt for yourself. You are wonderwoman.
I think we have the same feelings when it comes to the scouting program.. I have to attend monthly meetings and if they knew the anti-scouting thoughts going through my head I'm sure they'd evict me. They have their own vocabulary and I don't follow half of the items on the agenda. You will get double blessings for pulling off a scout banquet. That ranks right up there with pushing a handcart during a pioneer trek. Which is something I've managed to avoid so far. Oakcrest was rough enough for me. Whew.