Thursday, September 20, 2007

I'm giddy with anticipation.


Why, you ask? Because only six more days until the season premiere of "The Office"!!! Just finished watching last season's finale and the last ten seconds are sheer genius. I'm referring to Ryan telling Kelly "You and I are done" followed by her "What?!?" and his quick glance at the camera. With a hint of a smile. I love it. LOVE IT. And of course there is the anticipation of Jim + Pam. And what will Michael do with his stretch-pants-wearing, stay-at-home, recently "boob-enhanced" girlfriend? Seriously, the kids will have an early bedtime next Thursday.

And now a little something for the 20% of my readership (ok, maybe more like 33%) that believes my blog is too focused on my kids (well, DUH!) and argues that I might be too nice. This morning I trudged out to the curb with two dirty diapers for trash pickup. I just headed back out with another to discover my trash can decidedly fuller than it was just an hour ago. Well, a little trash digging and I discover a golf receipt with my across-the-street-neighbor's name on it. Who crosses the street to dump their garbage in someone else's can? Well I'll tell you who. The only consolation is that between one in diapers full-time, another part-time, and a 70 lb greyhound, mere words cannot describe the stench that rises from that trash can when opened. I seriously consider leaving a note of apology for the trash collector each week. It's just that bad.



Harrumph. I'm off to egg his house.

2 comments:

Scullerina said...

I am also anxiously waiting The office premiere. Can't wait. That show seriously cracks me up!

My neighbors used to fill my garbage can up too and it ticked me off. I finally had to become all stealth and sneak my can out to the curb at the last minute so they couldn't cram anything into an exceedingly full can. If I put the can out the night before, without fail they would help themselves to my can space. Now I think they must use Mrs. Shaw's which is fine with me.

Andy said...

You TOTALLY need to return the neighborly-ness by dropping a bag full of baby bombs in THEIR can AFTER the garbage man comes, but before they bring their cans back in.

Dont' think I wouldn't do it.