Thursday, November 22, 2007

Pow-wow! and Movie Morning


"Falling Leaf" (Wonderboy's American Indian alias) treated us to quite a show Tuesday. There was dancing, songs, drumming and lots of finger plays, of course. We also watched a particularly effective "snow dance", which unfortunately resulted in a dusting of snow yesterday.


Last night I promised the kids this morning would be Movie Morning. They were so excited that I found Kai staggering about his room at 11:00 p.m. last night clutching his pillow because, he said, "I'm getting ready for Movie Morning!" I coaxed him back to bed, but both kids were ready at 7 a.m. with their pillows and blankets to crash on the floor for the movie. We nogiated baths, clean clothes and some breakfast and then they settled in.

There were a couple of tense moments...

but they loved this rare indulgence (complete with sugary kid cereals for breakfast! Ack!) and E and I have had a chance to pull together all the bits and pieces of our little Thanksgiving feast.


I'm thankful for loads of things. Just one of which is a hubby who cooks! Cheerfully to boot. Ha!

O Lord that lends me life, Lend me a heart replete with thankfulness! ~ William Shakespeare

Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Andy said...

You were right on about my good mail! Somebody has been busy in photoshop methinks.

HILARIOUS!

Anonymous said...

OK so I'm not sure that I've got this figured out, but what I really did quickly figure out is that there is something obviously missing from that picture of the little indian. Where's his grandma ? There seems to be an abundance of other grandmas. I'm sure Shakespeare would have something to say about the miles that seperate. Hey Kids, come to grandmas-we'll have movie morning every morning!