Friday, July 4, 2008

Farewell Colorado, Part Deux

The next day the kids were occupied with their respective Day Camps, so E, Bubs and I hiked to Cub Lake and The Pool (about 7 miles - Yay us!). Cub Lake was covered with lily pads and bright yellow lilies. Breathtaking. And we had a little guest for lunch, as you can see in the picture below. It's a little strange. Each year we can count on finding a duck at one of the lakes. A duck. Not ducks. A duck. So this place is best suited to the most reclusive of ducks. I can't think of anywhere I'd rather live if I were a duck.

This is a view of Cub Lake, looking back, as we hiked up the other side.

The Pool - Not what I picture when I think of a pool, and probably cold enough to freeze your bits into oblivion, but beautiful none-the-less.

So, as I was saying, we hiked our legs off. And then the kids started vomiting. End of story. So here are more of my favorite photos. Oh, and Daisy is a mountain dog at heart. The mountains are a smorgasbord of smells and that's pure heaven to her. Each night she was just plain tuckered out. So without further adieu, more photos...

This is how you feel when your favorite walking stick breaks. Sorry dude.

This is what you're looking at when you climb to 11,000 ft.

This, too.


Me. Don't I look remarkably robust considering my internet withdrawal?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Don't I look remarkably robust considering my internet withdrawal?"

Hmmm, methinks you look mightily robust! I think there might be something to this lack of internet. Maybe you should try doing without it more often! ;)

Julie said...

It looks like you had a wonderful time! I love the photos! When I visited Brad in Colorado a month back we did the Estes Park tour and it was breathtaking. Sorry to hear you couldn't beat a sickness, but would you know how to handle a vacation any other way? That's awesome that you can bring dogs! (Always a perk for Brad and I)You have beautiful pictures, not to mention the hot babe in the above picture.