Wednesday, July 9, 2008

How we operate around here

This morning Wonderboy came in my room, dressed like this (he has his father's fashion sense):
because, as he said, "I need to look bigger with my missing tooth, so I put on a tie and belt and a button shirt", and he handed me this note:




It says: To Mommy, Mom is that ipod for me - it's red, is it for me? If it is I love u ulot.

It turns out that when the kids get up at 6:30 a.m., and I don't, they manage to pack in a lot of snooping and general mischief-making. Wonderboy found a little MP3 player on top of the fridge. Apparently they already know that the top of the fridge (because it is not easily visible by resident midgies!!) is the quintessential parent's hiding place in a pinch.

Also, they know where the chocolate is hidden, as evidenced by the brown rings they sported around their lips this morning. And there they crossed the line, because ain't nobody messes with mama's chocolate and live to tell about it.

2 comments:

Julie said...

I love Wonderboy's grown up style. It kind of reminds me of Brad's ;)

StrongerFamilies said...

I'm going to forward this post to Emily. She'll love it. She also has a secret chocolate stash (but none of us know about that).