Saturday, October 4, 2008

Me + The Killers + the windows down in E's car = 90

Make sense? No? Well here's how it breaks down. First there's me, an upstanding, law-abiding citizen. Usually. Me, trying to bang out a few errands while Bubs napped. Now add The Killers, cranked. And I do mean cranked because when I'm alone in the car that's how I like it. Wanna make something of it? Add a lovely 75-ish sort of autumn day that just begs to be enjoyed with the windows open and what you've got there is Janna, cranking The Killers and driving 47 mph in a 35 mph limit with the windows open. And here is my certificate of achievement. And a $90 fine.

And it really is quite an accomplishment since I've never even earned myself a parking ticket. I'm going to hang this up in a gilt frame in my entryway. Ha ha! Joke's on you, officer! And here you thought you were going to ruin my day. Fess up. You just don't appreciate The Killers, do you?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely nothing wrong with playing "When You Were Young" cranked. Shame on the officer if he can't appreciate that.

Little known fact, Chris and I are quite good with that song on Rock Band, guitar and drums respectively. But we need a vocalist...open auditions when you visit in December.

StrongerFamilies said...

Just read this to Emily who enjoyed it heartily on many levels.

My congratulations on your hard-earned ticket--signifying the enjoyment of life, youth, and freedom.

...all for the low-low price of 90 bones.

Aubrey said...

Admit it, you were just trying to recapture your youth. Have a Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Chris has got you beat by a mere $210 OR SO THE STORY GOES, OR MAYBE HE WAS JUST TRYING TO GET HIS MOTHER'S GOAT. Who is the killers? and WHO was Chris listening to? He seemed just as proud of his certificate. What's wrong with my offspring?