Sunday, January 4, 2009

All systems GO

We've come out the other end of December mostly in tact, and with a collective sigh of relief having survived all the festivities that make up the holidays. So here is a poorly presented recap of the goings-on around here lately...


Santa was given the particulars. Unfortunately, he was unable to stop fidgeting with the beard and muttering about his summer home in Connecticut. Good thing this Santa has a day job, because he was a pretty lousy jolly man. And as far as I know, Santa doesn't 'summer' in CT.

This guy was one of the first grade reps to compete in the primary spelling bee. He was pretty disgruntled about having to spell with an audience, but he was a brave fellow and even shot me a quick smile. He's pretty much a smarty-pants. And I'm not just saying that.


Fia had a couple of dancing gigs. She's not a huge fan of the weekly dance class, but if there's a stage and audience involved, she's your gal.


And here's what a 17 hour drive to Utah looks like. Some of us weather it better than others...





Snap shot of my side of the family - two versions. The second take is my personal favorite. We're a cheeky bunch.


A trip to the cabin for some serious sledding and snowmobiling. Later that night, Fia whispered "Mommy - those things we rode today? They ROCKED!"Uncle Tuffy. Our new snowmobiling super-hero. Adventurer extraordinaire. And all around good sport. Especially when our basset and greyhound decided they were simply not interested in running behind snowmobiles up to the cabin, thank you very much, and had to be held on Chris' lap and snowmobile-chauffeured up the mountain. Pansies.
And yes, the snow in Utah is, in fact, blue. Don't even blame it on my crummy photography and Photoshop skills. It's blue, I tell you.



If you ever want your very own Napoleon Dynamite boots, pre-weathered for your comfort, I can tell you that UT's very own D.I. might just have a pair for you at the bargain-basement price of $4.00. And seriously, why didn't anyone ever tell me how upscale D.I. really is? I would have spent longer if we weren't eager to hit the snow.




And that my friends, is as much as I can offer at this point. One of the Great Lessons of 2008 will be to never vacuum the laptop keyboard with the hose attachment, because the "A" might be sucked right off and irreparable. My left pinky finger is literally tender since every "A" I type requires about 47 tries on the little rubber bubble left behind.





nd if I didn't try to type tht letter (nd sve my poor pinky finger) my lredy blthering blog posts would be even more torturous to red. So relly tht letter, or the bscence of the letter, is the reson I've been neglectful of my blog. Tht's my story nywy. Hppy New Yer!

3 comments:

Becky said...

Cute post and cute family! Looks like your holidays were fun!

Becky

Julie said...

Wait, are those boots for you??? (Giggles) That's AWESOME, you are one stylin' Momma if they are.

Unknown said...

I LOVE your boots!! I would love to have seen you over the Christmas holiday. It looks like you had a great Christmas!