Thursday, January 29, 2009

You da Man

When our piece o' crud garage opener decided to go belly-up Monday, E attempted the necessary repairs. I don't know what he did out there, but I did hear the garage door succumb to the forces of gravity in such a shocking manner that I felt compelled to peek out to see if 911 should be called and fast. E conceded and called the repair company to come the next day and the man informed me the sprockets were sprung, the mother board circuitry gadget thingies were blown and there was gunk in the bushings and gaskets. Or something like that. Anyway, R.I.P. old Genie opener.

Now, I pass along the diagnosis and the quote for replacement to E, and he thinks for a minute and does a few quick calculations and decides against his better judgement to tackle the project himself. And dog-gone-it, you know what? He did it. And the best part is our new belt-driven Liftmaster DOESN'T sound like a freight train under Wonderboy's bedroom. A new garage opener has literally changed our lives, people. Do you hear me? Changed. Our. Lives.


And since I'm on the subject of men being manly and getting things done and all that, here is Wonderboy taking out the trash. In case my photography skills, the low light level, and overall size of the photo are not adequate to allow you to appreciate the finer details here, I'll tell you he is taking out the trash at 5:00 p.m. in a combination of Ratatouille and Cars Movie pajamas, a leather belt and cowboy boots. And this was only after we insisted he remove the Hanes briefs he had fashioned into a head wrap, and the assortment of extra clothes he had stuffed into the belly and bottom of the pajamas to creat a rather surprising Boobah likeness.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You da man! Great post. It was a great read!

Scullerina said...

Wait a second.....aren't you the one that spent a few years working for "the door works" a garage door company? I'm impressed that E solved the problem and saved you from paying the repair guy a ridiculous sum.

Thanks for the photo of wonderboy. I needed a big smile tonight and that photo made me giggle. Love his sense of style and his willingness to help around the house. You must be an uber-mom.

Aubrey said...

I replaced one, with Trent's help, which took an entire Saturday afternoon. (Probably because of Trent's help...) I think we hold the world record at about 6 hours! When our last one broke a gear I told Trent he could 1-pay to have it replaced or 2-pay for the vacation I would need after replacing it. He choose 1! I have complete and total respect for the hubby that can tackle the garage door opener! Way to go E!

Andy said...

I should think a girl of your particulary working background could have been a bit more help out there. Didn't you ever have to do a "ride along" with Rod? Good times!

Angela said...

Janna I'm laughing out loud. : )