Sunday, January 11, 2009

Sunday Dinner

Look at me do gourmet. A few old-fashioned ice cube trays and a colorful assorment of fruits, veggies and deli meat and these three are happy clams. And this way E won't have to tear himself from the book he's completely absorbed by in order to prepare the fancy pork loin dinner he had planned. And what's he reading you ask? Twilight. That's right folks, he's reading Twilight. Nobody's more surprised than me.

This weekend we had a little family outing to Science City. Just look at the enthusiam...
We explored the underground pipe system and realized perhaps the experience wasn't meant for adults as we tried to unwedge ourselves.

E bravely attempted the suspended bike. That was until it began to sway and he whimpered "mommy" and had to be coaxed back. No, not really, but that would have been funny anyway.


3 comments:

Michelle said...

Hurray for E reading Twilight!! I wish I could get John to read. I am re-reading New Moon right now. I love your posts, you are so funny!

StrongerFamilies said...

So much I never knew about ice cube trays and Science City. Just like your prolonged abstainance from yogurt, I have not read any of your postings for a long time and now wonder - what have I been doing?! Your posts ARE funny and it is great to the little insights of family moments.

My criticism of book one notwithstanding, I am somewhere in the first third of New Moon*. E need not feel so alone.

Keep posting!

----------
* Aside from the dramatic B-movie plot, Twilight wins points for originality in concept. I think parts of it remind me of dreams I had when I was about 15. Were it not for the guilt of neglecting a job and a family and a long list of classics my own E wants me to read as part of homeschool curriculum, I would have finished it a month ago. Currently I'm in the Illiad to be followed swiftly by Gilgamesh. :)

StrongerFamilies said...
This comment has been removed by the author.