Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Things You May Not Know About 'E', part deux

(My apologies for being hung up on all things French at the moment. A recent perusal of our "France" photo album is to blame.)



  • He hates know-it-alls

  • He is a know-it-all -- especially in the kitchen. A recent episode in our kitchen involving my roasting a (perhaps?) partially still frozen chicken and threatening to ruin the schmaltzy potatoes in an attempt to beat the bird into sufficiently roasted submission brought this to my attention.

  • He loves to talk back to the TV. Politics might be his favorite topic for TV-lecturing. His love of politics is precisely equivalent to my distaste for politics. So it would go without saying that at this particular time he finds himself frequently worked into a dither, and I have mastered the art of perfectly timed responses like "Yes!", "Right!", and "Absolutely! YOU should run for President!"

  • He LOVES to play the organ in church. You have no idea how much this cracks me up.

  • He loves "smart" sounding words. I sometimes think he picks a new favorite word and then stuffs it away in the back of his brain and waits eagerly for the perfect opportunity to use it. This goes back years before we ever dated, when we barely tolerated each other at work and spent way too much time trying to outdo the other in our "Battle of Words" otherwise known as "Who is Smarter?" Occasionally his efforts backfire and he uses a word incorrectly, in which case I torture him senseless. He really enjoys that.

  • Landscaping and gardening are not his forte (although he would like them to be.) He did something artsy a couple of years ago with piles of dug up sod along one side of the house. I, as well as the rest of the neighborhood, still have no idea what effect he was going for.

  • He loves to sing in falsetto. I think he would particularly enjoy playing the organ AND singing falsetto simultaneously.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep it coming!

Whatother embarassing bits of information are available?

Does he sing falsetto in the shower?

Does he sing well either in his own vocal register or falsetto?

What other amusing things can you tell us about E?

Anonymous said...

Is that it??? There must be more!

Anonymous said...

I just wonder if this list is pre-approved by E himself before you post it!

A :D

Anonymous said...

In my own defense, I think we simply disagree on definitions. For example, I wouldn't describe my singing as falsetto; rather, I enjoy singing any song that comes to mind in a loud Broadway sort of way--because it drives Janna crazy. And I don't love playing the organ because I enjoy that instrument, rather, I like to be the center of attention. That's why I refuse to follow the conductor. I'll play the song the way I want!

Anonymous said...

And in response to mom-in-law's comment, yes, there are much worse things Janna could have divulged.

So, I'm grateful she limited it to my falsetto singing, organ affinity, and know-it-all-ness.

Brittany said...

Thanks for making me laugh today!

Anonymous said...

Eric, You know you are perfect in our eyes. We just keep looking for some manure in the pasture. What can we say-we know how to pick son-in-laws.